Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Why I'm Crap


I've been a rubbish human being most of today: there's this bloody great boulder sitting in the heart of my emotional life. I know that I have to get rid of it, but it's so bloody hard to do. It's very heavy, and it's kind of beautiful - hell, it is beautiful - and it's been there for so long that I can't imagine what life will be like without it.

So I went through the day feeling woefully miserable about the boulder's intractable strength, presence and power, and was generally moody and irritable and useless (which obviously endeared me to my colleagues). This filled me with greater self-disgust. Ho hum.

In the evening I went to see the Wallace and Gromit "Curse of the Were-Rabbit" movie. This is an undiluted joy. You should really go and see it if you haven't already.

Missed my 1000 words today as I was out at the flicks. Tomoorrow I will do 2000. See if I don't.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

But Andy, can't you see that this self-pitying weediness is pure self-indulgence? I love you dearly - everyone does, dahling - but you need to stop whingeing and start living, rather than hanging on to the past and to the soft-walled prison of your own self-regarding self-pity. You know it makes sense, boy.

Andy said...

I agree with you, Mr/Ms Nonymous.