Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Daily


I'm aiming to post something on here daily at the moment. I've got two weeks off between jobs, which should allow me - theoretically - to concentrate on being creative. However, I think I'm still just getting used to the removal of the daily discipline of working hours: yesterday I kept feeling as if I should be 'doing something' - that non-specific sense of being driven, and time-limited. Must try and relax. That's R-E-L-A-X, Andrew.

(Managed 10 miles on my bike yesterday, and stopped for a few minutes halfway through the - chilly - ride, looking out over a rural landscape that fell away in a mixture of pasture, copses, cows and sheep and ramshackle sheds and fences, down to a streambed and then back up to some hazier fields and woods in the distance. I could hear cows bellowing and rooks cawing, and the distant drone of an invisible light plane.)

No comments: