Friday, February 25, 2005

Bliss blip


Hah! -- so much for serenity. I fell off the horse of happiness today, and landed -- on my fat alliterative arse -- in the mire of moodiness. Had a sackload of things to finish before a week out of the office, but the morning just got stolen away, I lost my equilibrium, and a succession of trivium loomed up and swamped me for a while.

Once I'd lost the plot, I did my usual thing of getting angry with myself, and then got angry with myself for being angry (and so on, in a seemingly infinite regress).

Fortunately, though, the delivery of some sympathetic chocolates, and a few light-touch comments from some colleagues brought me back to reality and calm.

I'm a bit disappointed, though, because I've been in such a good run of moods, and I've been keeping a tight rein on over-working and over-stressing.

Particular apologies to C and C, who always get the worst of it, give me the most direct feedback, and cut me the most slack.

But it's past now, and I don't think I hit anybody, so I can now get back to that pleasant position of poise. The weekend will help.

Start again...it's just a passing thing.

1 comment:

Andy said...

I can't possibly do the punchline...

8-O