Sunday, February 06, 2005

Sunday. Dank and cold. Murky. Anybody would think it was winter.

A kind person mailed me about my blog. I realised how parsimonious I've been with my posts. Pithy, I like to think: you don't get any filler with me. Or any content at all, most of the time. This could change, of course. I could become one of those logorrheic types who just can't help but spill everything out. People used to have the decency to keep it in their diaries, but now we can self-publish our verbal incontinence. I haven't quite decided whether that's a good thing or a bad thing... ;-)

1 comment:

Andy said...

This person also said: "Re: self-publishing our verbal incontinence. Do you think it is worth considering whether it is a good thing or not?"

The answer to which is...no. I don't normally think twice before launching (verbally) into a flurry of unnecessary verbiage. (My work colleagues can confirm.) I guess there's just something about the neophyte blogger in me that wants to ironise, and to detach myself from my embarrassment at speaking to the void. I think I'm getting over it now. Strange how a chance communication from another continent can help you overcome your reticence. Nice one. ;-)

Note to self: must be more spontaneous and less inward. I'll put that on a diary card.