Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Manic Moggies


There're at least 3 cats out in the back garden, making those bizarre (and hilarious, I think) yowling, groaning, mewling noises: a weird rhythmic counterpoint that rises and falls, changes its dynamics, and achieves a strange circular quality.

I think these noises translate as:

  • What you looking at?

  • You looking at my bird?

  • Any chance of a shag?

  • Get off my manor

  • You're barred

  • Leave it, Fluffy, he's not worth it



Hearing that noise through the dark, and through the open window, always makes me smile. Catworld is a weird place: weirder than Enders

3 comments:

Andy said...

That's excellent: I'll get it printed off and photocopied, and then I'll give those cats some voice coaching...

Next stop, Nessun Dorma et al. I'm seeing a feline vocal franchise.

red one said...

- I hate the bloody election
- me too
- and the bloody politicians. Ggggrrrrgghh
- yeah, me too. GRRRRRRRGGGGHHHH
- it makes me wanna go meoooowwll
- yeah, me too. MEEEEEOOOOOWWWWLLL

etc

RedOne

Andy said...

a feline dirge of existential cat angst: not something you hear every day.