Sunday, May 22, 2005

silences


there's a lot to be said for silence: for example, when you've got nothing to say, why not just keep quiet?

i'm a bit fed up with myself at the moment. one of the things i'm really fed up with is my own constant self-examination and self-analysis. even i'm bored with it. i feel the need for a period of welcome silence, and the need to de-centre my self from the centre of my life: i've been taking a good look at that self, and it's getting on my wick.

i need a period of trial separation from myself; to learn how to live again, without my head up my arse.

the end.

2 comments:

Mags said...

Oh please. I'm so strapped for blog topics, I wrote about kim chee. Heh heh.

Andy said...

thanks for the encouragement: i'm feeling a lot better today -- i've had really bad tinnitus for the best part of a week, and when it gets like that i can barely function as a human being. it also makes me really frustrated and miserable. it's almost as if i become another person: angry, bitter, hopeless. it's a bit scary how a bit of noise/pressure in your head can do that to you.

thankfully it's clearing a bit now, and i feel like i'm getting ownership of my head back.