Thursday, May 05, 2005

wise guy


Or...my life as a workplace motivational poster...

Do you ever have those days when everything you planned to do goes out of the window? When distractions, unexpected problems, and 'emergent issues' tear up your schedule and replace it with uncontrollable gunk? When you gradually realise that all the important stuff you had to have finished by the weekend is going to have to be crammed into Friday?

I had one of those days today.

I used to get really uptight and frustrated about days like that, days that were clearly 'getting away from me'. Nowadays, I just let them go. They can find their own liberated place in the sun, free from my misplaced desire to control them, and to stop time, and to mould the universe to my convenience. It's not going to happen, is it?

Let them go. All this will pass.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Bugger -- as you would say.

Was today any better? (Mine wasn't, I'm afraid!)
:-(