Monday, April 25, 2005

A reader, not a writer


The books I have on the go at the moment:

  1. Dresden, Frederick Taylor

  2. Virginia Woolf - an Inner Life, Julia Briggs

  3. Four Quartets, T. S. Eliot

  4. Saturday, Ian McEwan

  5. Critical Mass, Philip Ball

  6. The Brothers Karamazov, Dostoevsky

  7. The Origins of the Final Solution, Christopher Browning


Do you get the impression that I'm unfocussed, scattered, and overcommitted ? [He asked, rhetorically.]

A more positive interpretation would be that I'm rediscovering my love of literature/books/reading after a bit of a barren spell.

Do I have to sacrifice my writing for my reading? Or vice versa?

4 comments:

red one said...

Do you get the impression that I'm unfocussed, scattered, and overcommitted?

No such thing as rhetorical questions in blogworld, Andy ;-)

I get the impression your reading list ios so heavy you may need to get the floors reinforced at home to take the weight. I have obviously made recommendations in error. I should have suggested this
http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/dreeves/Fox-In-Socks.txt
(text from link, but you don't get the pictures this way, sadly).
To be read aloud, as fast as you can...
RedOne

Mags said...

You've been book meme'd, dahling:

http://mags25.blogspot.com/2005/04/ive-been-book-memed.html

Andy said...

Now I'm definitely in a muddle, in a puddle, up [the] creek without a paddle.

Wise words, y'all. ta.

Andy said...

Hurrah! I'm a perfectly normal bibliophile! Taeko, careful with those needles: punctured papyrus pheels pain.