Saturday, April 02, 2005

Wages


I don't know what you earn. I earn a decent wage -- more than I'm worth, probably (in a moral sense), but about right in the 'market' perspective.

Anyway.

Premiership footballers earn an obscene fucking wage, generally. I like football. I used to think it was important. But it seems to me that the business success/success aspects have fucked football up. (Um...do you think I've been watching too many fucking Tarantino films? Huh? Do you? Huh?)

Anyway (squared). Newcastle United. Lee Bowyer and Kieron Dyer fighting. Clearly, these boys are not the brightest lights in an entire universe of light. But they're on -- what? -- £30-40 grand a week? A week?. So they have responsibilities. And so do the people who employ them.

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Example 4

Still, he's got a nice little pension fund now, eh?

No comments: