Thursday, March 03, 2005

Absence makes...


Just a brief dribble today: I'm knackered, and I'm going to watch "Three Colours: White" in a minute. This will help me unwind and refresh. It may even cleanse and moisturise. (If only you could get a tube of stuff that performed those functions for your brain...)

Popped into work this evening on my way home from the last day of my course. (I'm such a child: I really wanted to pick up the goodies that had been delivered for me -- new phone, plus book/CD packages from Amazon. I love getting parcels full of intellectual and aesthetic gorgeousness.) Anyway...it surprised me how good it felt to be back in that building: lots of smiling, familiar faces. Aw...

It was also noticeable how the sun is higher in the sky at that time of the evening -- standing by my desk, lovely parcels in hand, I was bathed in a warm wash of orange before-sunset light. I struck a pose, my angular cheekbones casting early evening shadows. Nobody noticed, damnit.

No comments: