Wednesday, March 23, 2005

service interruption


I'm using the word 'service' in the loosest possible sense, of course.

I'll be away for a few days after today, so my blog will be as silent as a deserted factory over the Christmas holidays. Maybe some small rodents will be nosing around in the canteen, gnawing on the crust of someone's discarded Marmite sandwich or licking the last hardened chocolate smear from an old Twix wrapper. And there might be some bits of paper stirring on the cold, concrete factory floor when the wind blows through the gap under the loading bay door. But mostly there'll be silence.

Try not to take it too hard.

I'm off to walk around Paris, feel the foreign air on my skin, and luxuriate in the tiny differences and novelties of abroad.

And eat cake, obviously, but not in the style of Marie Antoinette.

2 comments:

red one said...

yes i am jealous
RedOne

Andy said...

Don't be...I'll probably be really miserable and homesick as soon as the Eurostar pulls out of Waterloo.

I'll bring you back something tasteful and comforting.

:-)