Wednesday, March 23, 2005

woof


My eating today has been...distinctive. I think I took most of my calories in as sugar (cakes), fat (cakes), and sugar (more cakes). I could probably count the jam in one of the doughnuts as a portion of fruit, eh? Eh? OK, not, then. It felt surprisingly liberating to throw of the self-restraint of calorie counting and just eat whatever I wanted. Shallow, yes. Selfish, yes. Disgusting and obscene, perhaps.

So...I thought I'd round off my massive debauch with fish and chips. As I walked up the hill, a dog behind someone's front door barked twice, paused, and barked twice again. It did it in the perfect rhythm/interval for the Johann Strauss's An der Schoenen Blauen Donau (aka The Blue Danube): Dum dum dum dum dum - woof woof, woof woof, dum dum dum dum dum - woof woof, woof woof.

Tomorrow: a tame weasel performs John Cage's 4" 33'. Funky.

Oh, and I only ate half of my fish and chips: even I had to admit defeat and give up in self-disgust.

1 comment:

red one said...

that's funny, i think I can hear the tame weasel now... ;-)

actually it doesn't really sound like 4'33" because the police are driving up and down with their sirens on. but if I stuff my fingers in my ears I can hear the weasels.

RedOne