Tuesday, March 01, 2005

My Life as a Time Traveller


Hm. Is it really only Tuesday evening? I've been on a course for the last two days (with two more to come), and I think the variation from my usual routine has made my sense of temporal displacement go a bit wonky (and I've lost track of time, too...) It may be something to do with the fact that the unfamiliar stimuli (new knowledge/concentrating on stuff for seven hours a day) are confusing my brain...that, and the light continuing to change. Whatever it is, it's left me feeling knackered. And I feel like it should be at least Thursday night.

And...I don't like having my evenings 'stolen' by homework, even when I know that the course will benefit me personally and professionally. How childish am I? (Don't answer that...I still happen to be in touch with my 'inner teenager', and he's a stroppy little bleeder -- though lovable.)

A W O L


My words and muse seem to have gone missing -- anybody seen them? Think I need an early night.

French Vocabulary


As I'm off to Paris in less than a month (yea!), I need to practice my French, so that I won't look like a pillock to any judgemental Parisians I interact with. Let's review what I've learned in the previous 42 years:

  • Oui, non, maintenant, le, la.

  • Ou et le sange? Le sange et dans l'arbre

  • Un Kronenbourg, S'il vous plait.

  • Deux Kronenbourg, S'il vous plait.

  • Amelie

  • Belleville Rendezvous

  • Troi Kronenbourg, S'il vous plait. Pression.


I may need to add a few more phrases. There's plenty of time. Really.

No comments: